Registration for Finnmarksløpet 2021 starts 15th September. Here are some key points about signup for next year’s race.
Most important. We will arrange our three races, but we can not expect Finnmarksløpet 2021 to be a “normal” race. Finnmarksløpet must therefore make reservations about changes due to state precaution Covid-19 rules.
The rules for registration will be as before with the following additions. “If the class participant starts in must be canceled or stopped due to the coronavirus, 50% of the entry fee will be refunded to the participant.”
Participants are also encouraged to follow the situation closely with regard to quarantines and time for entry to the race.
Goal is to improve
The Sport committee for Finnmarksløpet has through the spring and summer worked with improvements based on feedback from participants during FL-2020. We would like to emphasize that we are pleased that many participants through our evaluation system have given their assessments and constructive criticism that allows us to improve next year’s race.
There are no major changes for Finnmarksløpet 2021. We will arrange our three classes and the length for the different classes will be about the same as in 2020. Here is a list of changes decided in the Sports Committee.
- The trail between Neiden 1 and Neiden 2 in FL-1200 is turned. The order will then be Neiden 1 – Øvre Pasvik – Kirkenes – Neiden 2.
- It is allowed to use ski pole/rod in FL-600 after checkpoint Jergul.
- Empty trailer for sled is allowed to attached and reattached when participants want to do so as long as this happens at checkpoints.
- The start time for the FL-1200 will be moved from 19:00 to 16:00.
- There are several legs in our trails that can be changed to improve the quality of the trail. The most significant one is that we want to change the section from Hillagurra in Tana municipality to checkpoint Levajok 2 in FL-1200. If the snow and ice conditions allow it, the trail will mainly go along a river between Hillagurra and Levajok, not on the mountain like recent years. In addition, there will be some minor changes. Most of them to ensure the quality of safety for dogs and participants.
Registration form will be active from Tuesday 15 September at 18.00.